Thursday, August 28, 2014

lol

Edgar Jimenez
August 26,2014
Mr. Ostini
Honors English 2
BOR, is it really true?
There has been research about me, how I am a only child, The crazy thing about all of the research is that most of it is true. Yah seems a bit far-fetched, research that “knows” me, kind of awkward. The research is called Birth Order Research (BOR).
One of the traits listed is that I have difficult time relating to peers. I really do have a rough time connecting to peers, like I am disconnected from them. If that makes any sense, I don’t feel like I belong. I do have friends, but not a whole lot of them. It is partially my fault because I am already thinking oh they are too cool to be a friend. I don’t know why I do it. I can’t help myself. I probably have two to three good friends.
Another trait that is listed is procrastination. I know I procrastinate, but I can’t help it. I try over and over again to stop doing it but I can’t help myself.  I really do need help with it. Like for the A.P. world history assignment over summer, I procrastinated on it so bad. I didn’t know what to do. I finished it just in time. I thought I was going to mess it all up.
While I do get along with some people, I talk to younger or older people. I don’t talk to a lot of people in my grade. That seems strange, but it’s true. I don’t get why I do that I just like talking to people that are not my grade. I think that’s pretty strange to me. I can’t believe that BOR has said all this about being an only child.       

After all of the things they listed in the BOR, almost everything is true about me. That really freaked me out when I noticed it. I agree with everything they said about me. This has changed my view because if my traits were all true, then that means that probably all the other children first, middle and oldest are all true. Now that’s really creepy.

5 comments:

  1. I like how you thought this research thing creeped you out like that is just the typical Edgar. I do agree with you on how u talk to younger or older people. That one time we went to T.K. you knew all kinds of eighth graders ha I was shocked. Also my friend you are and I repeat you are a HUGE procrasinator like you barely got your book with like three weeks till school started. I really liked how you expressed yourself in this essay and how you expressed your thoughts. Oh and by the way your Blog is to die for :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I am a procrastinator,too...but doing a summer assignment barely on time is kind of a good thing because the information stays fresh (sort of) in your mind. I know because I read Escape from Camp 14 a month before school started and since I forgot to take notes I had a hard time while writing the essay. Anyway, I like your essay;it's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge procrastinator as well. I finished the AP world history summer assignment just before school started. I have been trying to stop, but I can't. Overall, I thought your essay was very descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree that only children have a difficult time relating to people their age. Being an only child myself i can totally relate. Also procrastination. As you can see, i am commenting on post only a couple hours before its due lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the background on ya blog. good essay too

    ReplyDelete