Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lit analysis #2

Of Mice and Men 
By: John Steinbeck
For the literature analysis, I had read of Mice and Men. The main characters were George and Lennie. Lennie was a buff guy that really didn't know his own strength. While George was very smart and very aware of his surroundings. Lennie wasn't the smarted person. George takes care of Lennie while they look for a job and find work at a farm. Lennie is a clutz. He always gets into trouble be he kills the farmers wife and in the end George has to kill Lennie.

The main theme was that to be careful of your actions. Lennie doesn't know what is wrong and what is right. He hurts things because of his abnormal strength. George has to basically be a baby sitter for Lennie since he doesn't know anymore. Throughout the book George has to constantly be watching over Lennie because without George he would be lost.

The protagonist, George would be a dynamic and round character. Reason for Dynamic is because he shows all of the emotion. George is a good person who had to make tough decisions. Lennies' very important because he is the one cause all of the problems that's George has to fix.

Forgiveness is significant. George always ends up forgiving Lennie. Reason for this because he understands Lennie doesn't do it on purpose. George is a very understanding person and cares very much about Lennie.

Reason I chose this book was because I read it in junior high. I really loved the book. I felt that I remembered parts of it and I loved it. Once I started reading I just lost myself in the book. I had finished it in one day. That's how good it was for me.

I think Lennie would be the closest character to me. Reason for that is because I'm really lost in school. I don't know what I am doing. It's not that I am strong or anything like that I am just very curious about the world.

Thing I will remember the most about the book would be the ending. Spoiler alert. When George is chasing after Lennie. George grabs the gun and status telling Lennie about what they are going to do with their farm. It gets rally emotional. Once he is done talking George shoots Lennie in the head. It had to be done. That is what I will never forget. Of Mice and Men is really a truly amazing book

No comments:

Post a Comment